Role of IAUSA
The role of the Irish Apostolate USA is to be an umbrella organization for the other Irish Immigration Pastoral and Outreach Centers that liaises with the Irish Bishops Conference, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, the Irish government, other Catholic organizations, and other immigration entities.
The Irish Apostolate’s main responsibilities are:
- to assist the Centers in their overall responsiveness in meeting the needs of Irish immigrants;
- to enrich the spiritual development and knowledge of the staff and volunteers at the centers through workshops and presentations
- to assist the Centers in developing long-term goals and objectives
- to provide timely immigration and advocacy information
- to offer support and resources to the Centers.